Only one-fifth of organizations make marketing decisions based on validated test results. Surprised? This is just one of the many findings revealed a new benchmark report on landing page optimization conducted by MarketingSherpa and based on surveys of 2,677 companies across 10 industries.
Is it any wonder then that the average conversion rate for a typical marketing campaign is just 3 percent? This so-called success rate always begs the questions: Is 3 percent acceptable to your bottom line? And what is it about your marketing efforts the other 97 percent failed to respond to?
The answer, of course, is that most marketing decisions aren’t based on data, but rather on opinion — and often, that opinion is just one person’s “gut feeling.” Unfortunately, this means the entire marketing team is sent down a path without any certainty that what they are doing will produce results.
So many marketing dollars are spent on acquisition, but investment in converting them falls short. Potential customers who have willingly stepped into the sales funnel and visited the landing page have tremendous potential to impact your bottom line. That’s why the landing page is one of the best places to start testing and optimization, and one of the easiest ways to increase conversions from prospects who have already indicated interest.
If you think 3 percent is way too low for any online business to succeed, I invite you to join our upcoming webinar on November 29th with Daniel Burstein and Adam Lapp of MarketingSherpa, and Kirk Ramble of Webtrends: “Increase Conversion on Your Landing Page.”
They will discuss key findings from MarketingSherpa’s Landing Page Optimization Benchmark Report, insights on testing, analytics and optimization, and provide real-world examples of how organizations have uncovered more revenue by testing to lift conversions.
If you’re responsible for increasing conversion rates at your company, you’ll want to hear what these experts have to say. The webinar takes place November 29th at 9 am Pacific Time.
Join us! Register here.